Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Accidental Tourist of Singapore - Singapore Heritage Festival 2016: Bidadari Walk

By the end of 2016, the calls of nature from Bidadari, an area of some 26 hectares will be replaced by the familiar construction sounds of swirling cranes and ground pounding machines. And with those sounds, 40% of Singapore’s bird species will disappear.

With my glassy eyed memories from yesteryears when I accompanied my late grandmother to visit my grandfather’s grave in that area, I am again faced with another loss of the natural environment after witnessing the loss of another green lung, Bukit Brown.

My earlier blog entries regarding the loss of Bukit Brown,

For those who want to venture there, here’s a map of the trail, http://heritagefest.sg/events/bidadari-heritage-trail

I leave you with a video of David Attenborough’s famous video of the amazing Lyre Bird singing like a chainsaw…https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSB71jNq-yQ as this was exactly what I heard when walking through the trail today. 



No comments:

Post a Comment